U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
A 27-year-old male asked:

I have a rash which started on my wrists. it's now spread to my chest, back legs, arms and scalp. it's red like spots which can be itchy.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 47 years experience
Need pic:): Best to see a picture...you can use HealthTap to send one if you wish. Best guess without picture is eczema, the result of very dry skin, or contact dermatitis caused by irritation or allergy. Could also be a drug rash if you have taken a new medication. Calamine lotion, OTC strength topical cortisone cream, and OTC diphenhydramine can be tried. If persists, see your doctor or dermatologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
I would strongly recommend you see your doctor before putting anything on your spots. He/she should see you today or tomorrow. If not available please go to the nearest Emergency Room.
Feb 9, 2015
Last updated Sep 5, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.