U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Troy, MI
A 30-year-old male asked:

I have trochanteric bursitis in my hip. i also have a very tender indented spot 6-8 inches down my leg. no injury/trauma or redness/swelling concern?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Christopher Wright
A Verified Doctoranswered
13 years experience
Probably not: Bursitis can occasionally herald an inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis or spondyloarthritis. More commonly, however, it is due either to overuse such as running with poor form, or to obesity. Stretching, antiinflammatories like nsaids, and using proper technique when exercising are ways to lessen the bursitis pain. If it comes back, have your doctor check it out.
Dr. Dann Byck
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
Treat bursitis: Treatment for bursitis is very successful. A simple injection often does wonders. See your orthopedist and mention the dent as well.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Plastic Surgery 47 years experience
I might suggest PRP = AFSC injections series to help.
Jan 1, 2015
Last updated Jan 1, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.