Austin, TX

the center of my chest (diaphragm area) is very tender to the touch. no other obvious symptoms. can you overwork muscle or connective tissue there?

Dr. Christopher Wright
Costochondritis: Costochondritis is inflammation of the joints between the ribs and the sternum. It can be caused by injury or overactivity and usually responds to rest and nsaids. However, if you have other medical problems such as high blood pressure, or if there are other symptoms such as shortness of breath or dizziness, you should see your doctor to make sure that the pain is not related to the heart.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
I have found that NSAIDs are often not effective and that agents such as gabapentin work best.
May 29, 2013