Milwaukee, WI

my period was due 5/6/13.today is 5/27/13 n it still hasn't come.i'm having brown discharge.its not a lot i only see it when i wipe what could dis be?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Irregular periods : Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections & hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit.
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Gynecology 35 years experience
May be normal: Irregular menstrual cycles usually occur with ovulation problems in the current or previous cycle. The hormone imbalance can cause the uterine lining to shed unusual amounts of blood or discharge in an irregular fashion. If lack of ovulation is the problem, it should become regular within 1-2 cycles.