Lancaster, CA
A 23-year-old female asked about a 2-year-old male:

what do i do if my once brave 2 year old is all of a sudden scared of everything, even a shower which he loves?

Dr. Mark Diamond
Be Patient and Slow: It sounds like some event frightened him. Slowly work with him to do the things he used by being there, being laid back in talking about it, and take baby steps to let him seperate from you.Allowing him time in another setting, such as a day care , may help.
Dr. Jasmin Bhathena
Id phenomenon: Unless your little boy has had a traumatic event or social stressors --- this pattern is not unusual. He may also be trying to seek some control over things in his life which is normal at age 2. You should give him choices to pick from " do you want the pink soap today or the blue soap, in the shower?" giving him a choice -- gives him control. Don't make a big deal or he will stick his heels in.