A member asked:

I am a virgin and i have dry peeling skin (and sometimes itching too) around vulva> what could this be? would regular moisturizing of the area help?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Monib Zirvi answered

Specializes in Dermatology

Sensitive skin: The most common conditions which fit your symptoms include eczema or a yeast infection such as candidal intertrigo. It is recommended that you use unscented soaps and laundry detergents only to minimize skin irritation. If the condition persists, seeing a physician for prescriptions for a low potency topical steroid and/or an anti-yeast medication may help.

Answered 8/15/2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question