What sort of problem is ankle arthritis?

9 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Probably inflamation: Trauma is the most common cause ie a sprain, but ongoing problems with swelling, heat and tenderness can be gout, pseudogout, early rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis, but could be conditions such as infection in the joint or more rarely reflex sympathetic dystrophy, or osteonecrosis. Examination by an expert and several tests may be necessary , including taking fluid from the joint( aspiration) , .

Answered 6/25/2015

6k views

Arthitis in the ankl: Arthritis of the ankle is a condition happen when the joint loses the supporting ligament of the ankle , subsequently there is abnormal movements and that lead to friction in the joint and arthritis, arthritis could happen from fracture of the joint it self, which the joint service become rough. Could happen from infection in the joint. It is painful and cause swelling.

Answered 3/11/2023

6k views

Degenerative : Ankle arthritis is degeneration of the cartilage (the smooth gliding surface of the joint) in the ankle. This can happens because of traumatic injury, longstanding instability, rheumatoid or other autoimmune diseases.

Answered 9/28/2016

6k views