can exceeding your target heart rate during aerobics have a detrimental effect on muscle gain and fat loss?

Dr. Rodney Del Valle
Target zones: For fat loss 70-75% of maximal heart rate for 45 to 60 min is good. For endurance, without loosing muscle mass, 85-90% or more with 1-2 mins sustain, then slowing down to 60-70% resting. Alternating resting and bursting for no more than 30min total. You can, with time, increase burst time and decrease resting time as you get in better shape. 3 times a week with weight lift and increase protein.