Describe the features of behcet syndrome.?

Dr. Harris Cohen
Behcet Syndrome: Behcet syndrome is defined as a triad of symptoms: genital ulcers, oral (mouth) ulcers, and inflammation of a part of the eye called the uvea (uveitis). Cause is unknown, and the disease is best managed by a rheumatologist and an ophthalmologist.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Mouth, eyes, GI: This is an autoimmune disease primarily affecting the vascular system feeding epithelial structures such as the lining of the GI tract, especially the mouth, and ocular structures. Mouth and genital sores are prominent. It is chronic, requires serious medical intervention and can cause blindness and signficant GI problems. You will need medical care for years with behcets.