Sunnyvale, CA

I just had a root canal yesterday. i got the temporary filling placed. can i drink alcohol?

Dr. Saleh Elahwal
Endodontics 36 years experience
Root canal traetment: Having a temporary filling after a root canal treatment is not going to stop you from having a glass of wine .Just be careful not to loose the temporary filling till you go back for the core build up of the tooth.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nishan Odabashian
Endodontics 31 years experience
Likely Yes: If you don't have any pain, and have not been prescribed any antibiotics, you can drink alcohol. Just make sure that you stay away from biting on that tooth until you get the permanent restoration (crown). Specially, be careful if you have a few too many drinks and forget that you should not be biting on the tooth. Of course, it is not very healthy to have a few too many drinks ;-).