South Africa

I have excessive thirst and have to urinate a lot. it often wakes me in the night with my underwear half wet. i was tested for diabetes very recently.

Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 41 years experience
Need more info: You don't say what the diabetes testing revealed. If you have diabetes, you need immediate evaluation and treatment. If you don't have diabetes, you still need a full work-up to discover what your current problem is and how to resolve it. See your doctor soon.
Dr. Aaron Neinstein
See a doctor: Having excessive thirst and urination that wakes you at night along with bed-wetting can be a sign of many different problems. Being tested for diabetes is only piece of the evaluation that should be done. You should go see a doctor to discuss this issue in more detail. Other possibilities include a side-effect of your medications, psychiatric disease, diabetes insipidus, and many others.

Last updated Jun 3, 2021