U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old male asked:

I have brown skin naturally but i have two darker spots in side of my face , skin is weird in those two pots , can you suggest me a treatment

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Reeves
Neurology 31 years experience
Before : ... Before you can have a treatment that makes sense, you have to have a diagnosis. Treatment depends upon diagnosis. Perhaps start with your primary care provider. See a dermatologist if things are not clear.
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Hyperpigmentation: Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation (pih) is a frequently encountered problem and represents the sequelae of various cutaneous disorders as well as therapeutic interventions. This acquired excess of pigment can be attributed to various preceding disease processes that affect the skin such as infections, allergic reactions, mechanical injuries, reactions to medications, phototoxic eruptions, trauma.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.