A few months ago, i had a clear full body exam by my dermatologist. i now have a small pink round spot on my leg. can a skin cancer appear suddenly?

Dr. Emily Altman
Dermatology 29 years experience
Yes, it can: Several months is enough time for a skin cancer to develop. That being said, there are also benign pink spots on the skin that can develop in a few months or even shorter. Please have it checked out by your dermatologist. That way, if it's benign, you will rest easy, and if it's not benign, it can be dealt with earlier rather than later.
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgical Oncology 18 years experience
Possible: It is possible. Any new skin lesion should be brought to the attention of your friendly dermatologist.
Last updated Dec 21, 2017