United Kingdom

got a big graze on my ankle its really sore its leaking yellow pus and is very hot to touch, starting to feel unwell glands are swollen is it related?

Dr. Michael Rosenfield
It's infected: It sounds like you wound is infected. You need to see a healthcare provider to check it out before it gets worse.
Dr. Marybeth Crane
Podiatry 27 years experience
Yes: You sound like you have a wound infection. This can make you quite sick. Fever, nausea and pain as well as swollen glands. Sounds like you need to get to the doctor pronto for some antibiotics.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Yes you need antibio: You have bacterial infection and need to consult your doctor as your graze has caused infection that is why you have yellow puss draining.You need to have it cultured and treated with appropriately antibiotics.See your doctor asap or go to er.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Podiatry 38 years experience
Infection: With what you describe is indicative of an infection and need to see a dr. Asap for antibiotic and possible hospital stay if cellulitis.
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
It sounds related...: It also sounds like a serious infection! get to a doctor and on some antibiotics right away!