i suffer form bronchial asthma, is it ok if my doctor gives me carboprost if i start post-partum bleeding?

Dr. Craig Keathley
Should be avoided: Generally, Hemabate (carboprost) should be avoided in a patient with asthma as it can precipitate bronchospasm. Fortunately, there are other emergency measures that can be utilized for management of acute post partum hemorrhage that are more appropriate as first line treatment in a patient with asthma.
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine 17 years experience
Probably not: There are many ways to stop post partum bleeding, so avoiding anything that might cause brochospasm (the airway muscles contracting so you can't breath) is wise. That said, if it was that or a hysterectomy it is worth trying, as the bronchospasm is likely not to occur and is treatable.