A member asked:

I have a relative of 45 yrs.her memory is weak and she forgets quickly what do you advise her to do? are there any medications that could help?thanks

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. John Munshower answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Have her see a Dr: She seems young for dementing illnesses that can affect memory, but best to have her evaluated and examined bu a dr. To determine her best course of treatment needed. Good luck.

Answered 5/8/2013


Dr. David Chrisman answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Cosmetic

Sleep disorder?: Many times memory problems can be related to sleep related breathing disorders where the sleep gets interrupted so much that the brain isn't allowed to organize and store thoughts. In some cases the brain degenerates. She should see a md for a diagnosis. If she is having excessive daytime sleepiness than she needs to mention this to her md and perhaps a sleep study might be in order.

Answered 12/10/2013



Related Questions