Westport, WA

can exposure to the sun cause rash if taking lisinopril?

Dr. Rick Koch
Cardiology 22 years experience
Not high on the list: Probably another cause.
Dr. Jeffrey Fromowitz
Dermatology 19 years experience
it is possible, but not one of the more common reactions to lisinopril. see your dermatologist for a complete workup
May 8, 2013

Does thrush lead to diaper rash?

Dr. Pamela Lindor
Yes: Thrush is a generally mild infection of the mouth (lips, gums, tongue and inside the cheeks) caused by a yeast. Babies with thrush will also sometimes develop a yeast type diaper rash as well. Consult your baby's pediatrician to confirm these diagnoses and for treatment.

Should I be concerned about a bumpy crusting rash on my vagina while pregnant?

Dr. Patrick Weix
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: This should be mentioned to the doctor at the next OB visit. It may be nothing concerning, but one possibility for a "bump" that forms a small blister that then has a crust is herpes. Other possibilities can be infected hair follicles or yeast. If it is herpes, it could change your delivery plan or require antiviral medications during pregnancy.

There are small red bumps all over my baby's skin. Will they go away on their own?

Dr. Scott Katz
Yes: This type of rash is commonly known as erythema toxicum, or etox, and is sometimes mistaken for "flea bites." it generally comes and goes for the first few weeks of life. They do not bother your baby, and no treatment is required. If the spots look like blisters, your infant isn't feeding well or appears ill, they need to be examined.

Does my babys raised birthmark need sun protection?

Dr. Scott Katz
Yes: Yes, all skin requires sun protection if your child is going to be outside for any extended periods.

I started to have rashes on gorin area, doctors prescribed ketoconazole for me for months and this is curing the rashes very effectively . However I searched about the risk of fatal liver problem of the drug. Should I keep taking the drug ?

Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Check with your PCP: The risk is very low when using ketoconazole in pulsed therapy (once per week for an extended period of time). Your risk of developing a problem with any drug depends on your particular constellation of medical problems. As long as you don't have a predisposition to developing liver damage and your doctor monitors you during treatment, you should be fine. Check with your doctor.