i had a doctor's appt for a physical, they gave me a t-dap shot. a couple weeks later, i found out that i'm 6 weeks pregnant-could my baby be at risk?

Dr. Jon Ahlstrom
It's ok: T-dap is recommended during pregnancy.
Opposite is true: The components of the tdap vaccine are non-living material and will not effect pregnancy in any negative way. In fact, you are now helping protect the baby better from chance risk with whooping cough by increasing your own immunity. Babies are most at risk of bad outcome with the disease in the first 4 months, before they have built their immune system.Dad and relatives should also get it.

Last updated Aug 29, 2014