U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I have a neuroma in my foot. had surgery but it grew back. is the only solution more surgery?

4 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Maged Zaky
Internal Medicine 11 years experience
Neuroma: Surgery if it is symptomatic, or try nerve block andsoft pads inserts.
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Podiatry 41 years experience
Injections: Alcohol sclerosing injections could be an option before you consider further sugery.
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry 39 years experience
Stump Neuroma?: A stump neuroma can occur after neuroma surgery. This is caused when then end of the nerve that is left after surgery scars. This puts pressure on the nerve endings and can lead to similar symptoms as before surgery. Cortisone injections can be helpful if done early. If this has become chronic, then additional surgery is usually necessary. Discuss with your foot surgeon. Dr l.
Dr. Darrell Latva
Podiatry 43 years experience
MAKE SURE: Although it could be a stump neuroma, talk to your surgeon about other things it might be. Tarsal tunnel syndrome comes to mind.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.