U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

Metallic taste, isolated when in living room, kids have dark circles under eyes, not gas leak or carbon monoxide - any other possible environmental?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 56 years experience
My own opinion:: If i were in your position i would do two things- first, call the epa, and find out if any government agencies test homes for possible pollutants or toxins. Two- do a google search for companies in your area for contractors who are licensed and/or certified to handle household toxins, and can prove their qualifications for your specific need. Three-see a physician for an evaluation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dentistry 23 years experience
Possibly radon: I would have your home checked for radon, especially in basements or crawlspace under living room. Metallic taste and fatigue are symptoms associated with radon exposure. Check with your local public health department about how to test for radon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 14, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.