Chandler, AZ

My estrogen level is less than 5 my doc told me. i'm 39. he wants me to take estrogen. what causes this huge drop? please help

Dr. Lori Poling
Perimenopause: You may be in the throws of perimenopause. It usually begins in the early 40's, but every one is an individual. Have you had symptoms of perimenopause? Examples are: hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, sleep disturbances and mood swings. You doctor is right that taking estrogen may help you. If you have any more direct questions, never hesitate to call your doctor.

Last updated Apr 29, 2013