San Jose, CA

is there any prescription medications for allergies that i can talk to my allergist about, because over-the-counter stuff isn't working.

Dr. Paul Carter
There are many.: Prescription allergy medicine is available in several different types. Oral antihistamines, nasal spray antihistamines, leukotriene modifiers, and nasal spray topical steroids are the primary available medication types. You should ask your primary care doctor or a board certified allergist for advice and a prescription if over the counter medications no longer work for you.