i had a bladder slingpput in a few days ago and now i can't pee on my own. i have to wear a cather bag .it's been five days. i go back to the doc t?

Dr. Francisco R. Rodriguez
8 years experience Urology
Sling: A sling is placed around the urethra to comprees it and treat stress urinary incontinence. Sometimes these slings are placed a little tighter and can cause urinary retention. Most of this problem usually resolves in a few days wearing a catheter. If it does not resolve the surgeon may have to go back and release at least one of the arms of the sling to relieve the obstruction. Known comp of proc.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016