Ireland

I had jaw surgery 7 wk ago. postop complete dislocation of jaw, and chest & sinus infection. now jaw very painful, swollen, 5cm opening & fatigued.

Dr. David Schleimer
joint placement: It sounds to me as though a splint was used to register the teeth for surgery. It may have made it such that the joints were not in the proper place (glenoid fossa), and when it was removed, the joint jumped into the fossa and created the open bite. Infection likely coincidental. I was not there, so this is only conjecture based on 30 year experience.

Last updated May 14, 2015