I want to get my iud removed. do i have to go to the same doctor that placed it? also, i don't have any type of insurance how much would it cost?

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 18 years experience
No: No, you don't have to go to the same place. The cost is dependent upon where you go, but it shouldn't be expensive. I'm sure there are some free womens health clinics near you(health dept, etc) that you can look into.
Dr. Yash Khanna
To remove IUD: No you do not have to go to the same doctor, you can go to any doctor.The cost varies from doctor to doctor and is different in different states and even in same state.If you do not have insurance you can try planned parenthood clinic if there is one where you live.You may be able to get information on line.

Last updated Jan 20, 2015