can oj with brazilian oranges make my adult stills disease worse?it seems when i started drinking that o.j my symptoms got worse n i was diagnosed asd

2 doctor answers
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Oj contamination: There recently has been reported that some Brazilian oj has been contaminated. If so it could harm you.
Answered on Feb 18, 2015
1
2
Dr. John Goldman
54 years experience Rheumatology
Any orange juice, even safe orange juice would not be first line therapy for adult onset Stills. DrPizzo points out that there is a fungiside used in Brazil and not in the USA that has been found in Brazilian Orange Juice. This is being investigated to see the risks to all of us.
Feb 3, 2012
Dr. John Goldman
54 years experience Rheumatology
No data: It is unlikley that orange juice from brazilian oranges can worsen your adult onset stills. The fungicide found in the brazilian oranges does not appear to offer much of a health risks as far as is known but we can question that. We have no data to suggest any specific products worsen adult onset stills. If you feel this is the problem, you need to discuss it with your physician.
Answered on Apr 29, 2014