Can you suggest a means to get my boyfriend to stop smoking?

Dr. Andrew Lipton
Holistic Medicine 31 years experience
Quit smoking support: He has to want to quit on his own for you to support him. But if he does, offer him something he really wants as a reward.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Quit contract.: Smokers are very good at fooling themselves into smoking again. With a quit contract, the smoker has to answer to you, or to a group of friends, or to a group of people who are also trying to quit. Answering to others for one's indiscretions is difficult, and can help the quitter in his/her attempt. Could help with the drinking, too.
Dr. Lisa Vollmer
Addiction Medicine 25 years experience
Don't support it: You really can't make someone quit an addiction. What you can do is avoid behaviors that support his habit, eg don't let anyone smoke in your home/car, have him do all the clean up of his butts/ashes, etc. Also, take care of your own issues, eg start/continue exercising, eat healthy, avoid excessive alcohol use, keep up with chores......