New York, NY

Dr says my 67y mother should take some type of injection to relief her severe pain due to osteoporosis. is it safe?

Dr. H. Bennett
obstetrics & Gynecology 18 years experience
Not enough info: Without knowing the name of the medication, it's impossible to comment on its safety or efficacy. In general however, i would assume that if her doctor is recommending it, it is probably safe. I don't think her doctor would suggest something that would be harmful.
Dr. Azad Dadgar-dehkordi
Orthopedic Surgery 15 years experience
Yes and No!: Joint injections do provide significant relief to some patients, but they do carry a risk: infection, allergic reaction, increase in blood sugars to name a few.
Last updated May 7, 2016