dr says my 67y mother should take some type of injection to relief her severe pain due to osteoporosis. is it safe?

2 doctor answers
Dr. H. Bennett
17 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Not enough info: Without knowing the name of the medication, it's impossible to comment on its safety or efficacy. In general however, i would assume that if her doctor is recommending it, it is probably safe. I don't think her doctor would suggest something that would be harmful.
Answered on May 7, 2016
3
Dr. Azad Dadgar-dehkordi
14 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Yes and No!: Joint injections do provide significant relief to some patients, but they do carry a risk: infection, allergic reaction, increase in blood sugars to name a few.
Answered on Apr 24, 2013