A member asked:

I suffer from fecal inconsistency due to ibs and hemorrhoids. i am also passing gas frequently. i am currently taking amitiza. my urologist has recommended sacroneuro modulation. is this the best treatment or should i consult a colorectal specialist?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Usually irritable bowel syndrome can be controlled without procedures like the one you mention -- although sacral neuromodulation might help fecal incontinence (if that's what you mean by "inconsistency"). Gastroenterologists are the main experts in IBS; you might seek such consultation while also working with your urologist about neuromodulation, which is used more often for urinary incontinence.

Answered 3/25/2023



Related Questions

A member asked:

What kind of specialist is best for hemorrhoid treatment?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers