Jersey City, NJ

i'm 26 w/ excessive floaters in my eyes. 2 ophthalmologists have found nothing wrong with my eyes. they suspect it is a health issue, any ideas?

Dr. Bruce Saran
Ophthalmology 33 years experience
Vitreous floater: You most probably have a vitreous floater. The clear gel that fills eyeball is normally attached to all parts of the inside of the eye. As we get older it can become more liquid (watery) and detaches from the back of the retina causing your "dirt" floater. In young patients and myopia its harder to detect this on exam.
Dr. Keshav Narain
Retinal Surgery 29 years experience
Excess floaters may : Be related to certain health conditions but usually are not. Most frequently, floaters are due to natural aging of the clear gel in the eye. This is not a health issue though we do sometimes see premature vitreous separation in patients who are very near sighted. See a retinal specialist.