i just started snoring and experiencing shortness of breath when i play soccer especially when i run fast. i'm wondering what can be wrong with me.

Dr. John Munshower
OSA: Snoring, shortness of breath (sob), lethargy can be signs of obstructive sleep apnea. Sob with exercise could be exercise induced asthma (eia). Several factors, including your weight can play a role in both diseases as well. See a dr. As both conditions are easily DX and treated. Best wishes.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry 43 years experience
Consider this: A sleep study, either at home so in a sleep "lab" to determine if you have sleep apnea and the severity. If mild a dentist can often make an easy to wear night time guard that can improve your sleep thereby helping reduce or eliminate these symptoms. If more severe, you would need to wear the CPAP as pictured here.
Dr. Michael Summers
Sleep Medicine 23 years experience
Two independent: Two independent issues. The snoring could be heralding possible sleep apnea. The dyspnea when you run fast could be exercise induced asthma, deconditioning, etc. See a pulmonary doc that also specializes in sleep medicine and you could likely address both issues in a single visit. Good luck!