U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old male asked:

I am hearing my heartbeat in my ear (i think right ear only). it seemed to have started in the morning after drinking alcohol at night. i don't know if it is related with that consumption but should i have to worry and need to seek medical help? thnx?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Alcohol use can cause dehydration. Dehydration can lead to eustacian tube dysfunction in the ear. Try focusing today on hydration by drinking up to 3 liters of non-caffeinated fluids (esp water) to see if this corrects the problem. If it persists, see your GP for examination and diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 25-year-old male asked:
When i drink alcohol my ears go red and becomes warm why?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
Can i "drink" alcohol with swimmers ear?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Oct 31, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.