U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

Why does my skin purple/red just like rashes and also something like a bruise in it? it is sometimes itchy too. i also have fever right now. i am worried what is happening to me. i can't go to the hospital and talk to a doctor. pls help me?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Rawhi Omar
Pathology 46 years experience
Allergic purpura?: Skin bruise-like bleeding is referred to as "purpura" and when it is combined with allergic rash, "allergic purpura"; this implies that you probably had an allergic reaction to something in your environment (food, clothing, chemical, bug bite etc) which injured your skin capillaries and thus manifested as rash-bruise. Avoid the cause; take an over the counter antihistamine; check with your dr
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 5, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.