U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 40-year-old female asked:

I have diabetic macula edema and struggle with my diabetes control. if i am unable to improve this, will i definitely go blind?? im so frightened?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 44 years experience
You need to follow closely with a retina specialist who has experience in dealing with this condition which is the most common cause of blindness. A diabetologist should be consulted if family doctor fails to control hyperglycemia.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 11, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.