Hello, i have swollen, painful lymph nodes on both sides of my upper neck, under ears, i have an ongoing ear infection treated with amoxicillin, is this cause for worry? is this hiv?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Mark Owolabi answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Lymph nodes in the neck can become tender & enlarged in the presence of infection in the head, ears, nose, and throat. This should resolve once your ear infection heals within the next 7-10 days. If it doesn’t, then further examination can be pursued. I don’t know about your personal risk factors for HIV, but lymph node swelling occurs in many conditions that have nothing to do with HIV.

Answered Jun 5, 2022

0 views