India

Hello, i have swollen, painful lymph nodes on both sides of my upper neck, under ears, i have an ongoing ear infection treated with amoxicillin, is this cause for worry? is this hiv?

Dr. Mark Owolabi
Lymph nodes in the neck can become tender & enlarged in the presence of infection in the head, ears, nose, and throat. This should resolve once your ear infection heals within the next 7-10 days. If it doesn’t, then further examination can be pursued. I don’t know about your personal risk factors for HIV, but lymph node swelling occurs in many conditions that have nothing to do with HIV.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
Agree with Dr. Owolabi. You may feel the nodes every couple of weeks, if any of the lymph glands doubles in size, becomes painful, ulcerates, or other nodes become enlarged, or you develop fever, or lose weight, you should see a doctor. Wish you good health!
Last updated Jun 5, 2022