SC

Last menstrual cycle 03/12/22. sex on 03/19/22 before i was off my period. im on the mini pill and dont miss or take pills late, ever. if i got a negative pregnancy test 18 days after sex, should i feel in the clear. my next cycle is 04/10/22?

Pathology 50 years experience
Conception occurs within day or so of the sex. It takes about 3 weeks for the embryo to make enough HCG for a positive pregnancy test. Blood test may be done a day after a missed period. Home pregnancy tests should be done 4-5 days after the missed period. If the result is negative repeat the test in 4-5 days. Use first morning urine and follow instructions for the test carefully.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 4, 2022