My 3 yo son has crackles and wheezing, labored breathing and dry cough. has no fever or runny nose, feels well otherwise and playing like usual, saturation 98%. just that breathing and noises make me concerned. could that be pneumonia without fever?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

This is more likely to represent a mild asthma event, but some viral lower respiratory infections will trigger this response. Some of these will run little or no fever. The need for medical attention or treatment depends on how comfortable the kid is. Running around playing, not so much, staying quietly in one place & working to breathe= go see the doc.

Answered Apr 3, 2022

0 views