TX

Could you help me to understand my results , a endocervix (curettage): -fragments of benign endocervical tissue and squamous epithelium -negative for dysplasia b. cervix (biopsy): -high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (hsil)/cin 3?

Dr. Deborah Josefson
This means that your cervical biopsy showed a pre-invasive cancer. You will likely need followup such as a larger excision to make sure they go it all out. The first part was benign, which means that the lesion did not extend to the underlying endocervix that they sampled..
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
The endocervix specimen is negative for cancer or precancerous cells. The cervix specimen is positive for precancerous cells. You can read more from this link in Mayo clinic website: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15678-cervical-intraepithelial-neoplasia-cin
Last updated Jun 4, 2022