U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 21-year-old male asked:

I have a problem with my jaw its hard too explain occasionally i will put of nowhere become uncomfortable with a feeling that something has fell out of place its on the right side where the neck and jaw join it happened 1jr and now my jaw aches?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
I'm unable to come up with a differential diagnosis for your symptom, but I recommend consulting an oral surgeon for a thorough evaluation
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
You will need to be examined and imaged to arrive at a diagnosis and thus appropriate treatment plan. You may have Jaw joint anatomic and/or functional dyscrasia, TMD (Temporomandibular dysfunction), in which case you need to see Oral Surgeon or Oral Pathologist. May coincidentally and/or concurrently have a malocclusion (bad bite) and therefore need to see an Orthodontist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 9, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.