Marion, IN

My recent lab work shows low wbc 3.1, high monocyte 13.1%, anc 1.9, and low platelets 136. 2 months ago my wbc were 6.0, monocytes 7%, anc 5.0, and platelets 123. this seems like a big difference to me. should i be concerned? no recent med changes?

Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, if you do not have symptoms, do not be concerned. Why were the tests done and why were these repeated? Wish you good health!
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
No depends on what is going on. Why were they drawn in the first place. What is your ethnicity and family history. Many things to consider.

Last updated Dec 29, 2021