A member asked:

I have a pain in my right foot's ankle , it was fractured in my child hood & now after 14 year i feel pain again , (xray report) oldminimally displaced fracturedmedial malleolus seen. old healed fracture of mid talus seen dividing it in two halves?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Old injuries that show up after years can be for any reason. That is what makes it very difficult to assess and diagnose. Any displacement at all intra-articular can cause chronic arthritis later on in years. This will be part of my differential diagnosis. I would consider A teaching institution for help if available. The ankle joint may require to be scoped for a better assessment.

Answered 12/11/2021



Related Questions