GA

I have an infection i had surgery to remove plates and screws in bone from getting hit by a car the infection had spread to my bones i was on an iv for six weeks with antibiotics that came back okay i'm now on oral antibiotics s will this go away?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Bone infection is called osteomyelitis. Usually the treatment you describe is effective, but it depends on details like the specific bacteria involved, selecting the proper antibiotic, and so on. It's good the plates and screws were removed; bone hardware reduces the odds of cure. Perhaps an infectious disease specialistis involved in your care. If not, discuss possible ID consultation. Good luck.
Last updated Dec 11, 2021