A member asked:

I have an infection i had surgery to remove plates and screws in bone from getting hit by a car the infection had spread to my bones i was on an iv for six weeks with antibiotics that came back okay i'm now on oral antibiotics s will this go away?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Bone infection is called osteomyelitis. Usually the treatment you describe is effective, but it depends on details like the specific bacteria involved, selecting the proper antibiotic, and so on. It's good the plates and screws were removed; bone hardware reduces the odds of cure. Perhaps an infectious disease specialistis involved in your care. If not, discuss possible ID consultation. Good luck.

Answered Dec 11, 2021



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor