I panic while eating, it felt hard to swallow(scare of choke), i split food like many time for 2hrs and i felt humid like there is water deep in my nose and feel weird on left chest is there chance drops of water/saliva/food go into lung/trachea ?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 38 years experience
It is possible, but the lung has very good defenses. If you have respiratory symptoms, please see your physician. Eat and chew slowly and discuss a speech and swallow consultation. Avoid stressors and watch for signs of reflux.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
I consider this a phobia and I think a mental health professional can help you. However, before making a diagnosis of a phobia I agree that obtaining a swallowing study by a speech pathologist at your local hospital should be done to ensure there's no true swallowing issues.
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 44 years experience
Please have an examination by an ENT to know if you have a problem with your throat. If you do not have a problem then please see a Clinical Psychologist with expertise in multiple types of psychotherapy to help you with your fear of swallowing. You may also benefit from medication by a Psychiatrist.
Last updated Dec 7, 2021