I am paranoid about dvt , i have pain in my thighs, behind knee and ankle, i had it for 2 weeks ,it stopped and it came back, i have no swelling, no redness, not warm, but no injury either. it is not excruciating but it bothers my anxiety?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Sue Ferranti answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

If you are mobile, your risk of blood clot is low, unless you have a clotting disorder, are taking medications that put you at higher risk for blood clot, etc. Your doctor, who knows your medical history and meds, is the best person to assess your risk of DVT. If your risk is higher, an ultrasound of the affected leg can be done to rule out DVT. Your anxiety can also be treated by your doctor.

Answered Nov 18, 2021

0 views