Puerto Rico

I am paranoid about dvt , i have pain in my thighs, behind knee and ankle, i had it for 2 weeks ,it stopped and it came back, i have no swelling, no redness, not warm, but no injury either. it is not excruciating but it bothers my anxiety?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
If you are mobile, your risk of blood clot is low, unless you have a clotting disorder, are taking medications that put you at higher risk for blood clot, etc. Your doctor, who knows your medical history and meds, is the best person to assess your risk of DVT. If your risk is higher, an ultrasound of the affected leg can be done to rule out DVT. Your anxiety can also be treated by your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Provided original answer
Being sedentary and obese does increase your risk for DVT. Call your doctor and get an ultrasound to rule out DVT. Your doctor can also help to make lifestyle changes to decrease your risk.
Nov 7, 2021
Your symptoms are not altogether typical of DVT, but if you are predisposed( post-op, venous disease, a genetic abnormality etc) only an ultrasound will reliably rule out. It is always useful to have your physician examine you and consider factors in your history and come to a conclusion. A reassurance provided by your physician when tests have been completed cannot be duplicated by other means.
Last updated Nov 21, 2021