Egypt

For a few weeks now under my eyes are always swollen, especially the left eye, no matter how good i sleep it doesnt go away. i drink sufficient amount of water between 3 to 5 liters of water, workout at the gym, eat healthy with low amount of salt?

Dr. Daniel Rosberger
Retinal Surgery 33 years experience
Swollen eyelids (I think that's what you're referring to) can be the sign of many different things. It could be as simple as the side of your body your sleeping on to inflammation (allergies) to too little sleep to cancers (unlikely) to thyroid disease. If it doesn't improve, see an ophthalmologist
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology 24 years experience
You may have ocular allergies. Try using Zaditor or Pataday over the counter and use a few pillows at night. Another common condition is benign angioedemaswelling of the eyelids that occurs primarily at night. Call your local eye doctor if symptoms persist.
Last updated Nov 17, 2021