U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Trabuco Canyon, CA
A 25-year-old female asked:

Not sure why i still have chronic back pain; been doing physical therapy for 4 months an my low back pain wont go away. got an xray everything looked fine he just said i have some degenrative bone loss in my sacral area. how come im not healing?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
If you're not getting sufficient results or information about your chronic back pain, I strongly recommend going to a clinic that specializes in spinal disorders. Appropriate testing will be done and you'll receive the best care & follow-up.
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
First is key to confirm why you have chronic back pain, as this will allow much more effective treatment to reverse your symptoms. Urge physiatry or osteopathic consult, and perhaps spinal surgeon if necessary.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 1, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.