U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old male asked:

Dermatologist checked cysts on my forearm that has been inflamed for two weeks. she told me draining it would not be effective. it is mostly inflammation not fluid. she told me to consult general surgeon to have it removed?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
Ask for a diagnosis from the dermatologist (what kind of cyst?) and then see a surgeon
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 12, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.