U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

Hello i have 16 years old and i found out that i have klinefelter syndrome . should i do trt? if yes then when ? asap or wait few years? plz?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Yes, you should receive testosterone treatment and it should start now. By UPTODATE: "For boys 13 to 18 years, the goal of testosterone therapy is to cause gradual virilization (eg, facial and pubic hair, muscle development) without inducing early closure of bony epiphyses and decreased growth and height". Use low dose until growth ceases or until age 18-19 years.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 25-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 25, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.