Can i play volleyball with my l5 and l4 discs herniated. my pt is saying i shouldnt, but it doesnt make my pain worse. im the captain on the team and its very important?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

I would think that your well being far outweighs anything else you might deem important. Risking permanent damage is not smart and certainly not responsible. Your team will play without you, and win or lose there are so many more important issues to consider. As a young adult you are called upon to make adult decisions... make the right one.

Answered 8/18/2021

0 views

Dr. Bennett Machanic answered

Specializes in Neurology

If the two discs are truly and fully herniated, bad idea as will get worse. If actually it is a protrusion or bulge, and not compressing nerve roots, likely be relatively safe. Discuss these ideas with the radiologist.

Answered 8/18/2021

0 views