U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have a speech problem would it be okay if i give my psychiarst a note of my symptoms and problems i stutter and i have trouble sounds out words i just want to know if it's allowed?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Tinuola Adeyanju
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 40 years experience
The best person to answer your question would be your psychiatrist. I know a lot of physician would make allowances for what you need to be able to help you but it is best that you discuss it with your psychiatrist or get a psychiatrist that is able to work with your limitations. They are reversible limitations if you get good professionals to work with.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 11, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.